Certificate Program Application
To apply to Yeshiva University’s Certificate Program in Experiential Jewish Education, you will need to submit the following:
- A complete application form (This includes a 45-second video biography)
- You may substitute one of the essay answers with a multimedia or visual presentation (e.g. 1-3 minute YouTube clip, poster, audio file, etc.).
- A current, high resolution head shot of yourself
- A resume
- Two references (Should be individuals who can attest to your personal character and commitment to Jewish education/communal work.)
Deadline to Apply is March 14, 2016. Applicants will be informed of final status by the end of March.
To apply, click here
To nominate an outstanding educator click here.
Applying to The Innovators Circle
We are seeking new ventures that will present innovative and creative solutions to problems facing the Jewish / world community.
In order to apply for the Innovators Circle, please submit the following.
- A full application for the Certificate Program in Experiential Jewish Education.
- A visual introduction to your initiative. This can be a poster, a website, or a brief video clip. A video should be shared with us via link to YouTube.
- A Program Pitch. Your Program Pitch should be no longer than one page. It should:
- Meet the Innovators Circle venture guidelines.
- Describe the problem that you seek to address, and the way your venture provides a solution to that problem.
- Describe what you envision as the outcome of your venture, highlighting what change will be enacted as a result of your initiative.
- Explain the major obstacles that you need to overcome for your program to succeed.
“While I originally expected the impact of the program to be on Rabbi Pollack’s informal programming in the school, it has had perhaps a greater impact on his classroom. His students have cherished the change and have experienced learning halacha in a fresh, meaningful way. Seeing the benefits of an experiential type of learning, students of other teachers have now been requesting similar opportunities in their classes. The bar has been raised!”
Rabbi Avery Joel Principal, Stark High School Fuchs Mizrachi School
“The Center for the Jewish Future at YU is a leader in so many educational fields and foremost amongst them, the nascent field of Jewish Experiential Education. The Head of our Experiential Education Department at our school took part in the inaugural certificate program in 2011/2012. The enormous contribution of this program was by providing excellence, depth and relevance into this fledgling field. Our Head who participated, came back invigorated with intellectual depth, systematic thinking and practical tools which is making a significant difference to our schools experiential department on a daily basis.”
Rabbi Laurence Perez, Head of School,Yeshiva College Schools